Public Internet Computer F.A.Q.
Who may use the library’s internet computers?
How do I make a reservation for an internet computer?
- If an internet computer is available, you can log in with your library card and PIN. Ask for staff help if you do not know your PIN
- If no internet computers are available, you can make a reservation for a future time or the next available computer. Reservations can be made for up to a week in advance. We highly recommend making a reservation if computers seem at all busy
- On the full internet computers, your initial reservation will be for 90 minutes unless there is a pre-existing appointment on that computer. As an alternative, you can reserve for a shorter time, including on the 30 minute express computers
- Reservations will be held for 5 minutes before being released for the next person
What happens when I get on an internet computer?
- You can extend your internet time unless there is an upcoming appointment on the same computer
- If you need to step away from your computer for a moment, you can choose Other Options, Hide Screen. Your time will still be counting down, but your screen will be locked from others
- Internet computers have content filters; ask for staff assistance if you think a website is being blocked unnecessarily
- Headphones are included with our internet computers, but you may also use your own
- You can save files to a personal USB device. Printing is available for 5¢ a page
- Click the End Session button to close out your session when you are done
- See our Internet Policy for more information